Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA), is a well-known business school situated in the metropolitan city of Chennai in Tamil Nadu. LIBA is located in the campus of Loyola College,and the administrative body of LIBA is the Loyola College Society. It was established in 1979,and since then the Loyola Institute of Business Administration has become one of the favourites among students seeking to pursue courses in Business Administration.
It is affiliated to the University of Madras and offers courses in Business Management. LIBA offerssix different programs in management studies. It offers Full Time and Part Time Post Graduate Diplomas in Management (PGDM), Doctoral Program, Executive Diploma Program, Certificate Program and Executive Education.
The Full Time Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM) is the most sought after course that LIBA offers. Many students apply for the same and for the part-time PGDM,and there is a cut off and score (CAT and XAT), to be able to qualify for a further round of interview to be selected for admission to a program at Loyola Institute of Business Administration.
Loyola Institute of Business Administration is accredited by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and South Asian Quality Assurance System (SAQS).The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) has ranked LIBA 32nd in Management category.
Advantages of studying at the Loyola Institute of Business Administration:
- Global exposure:One of the major highlights of admission to LIBA is the global exposure it provides to itson-campus The B school has tie-ups and collaborations with various institutions in the USA, Europe and Asia,which makes it possible for students to be a part of exchange programs.
Students at LIBA benefit by going abroad and attending lectures and research programs at other business schools and experience a different culture and way of living. Students from foreign universities also visit LIBA campus to attend classes. Faculties from collaborated colleges/institutions also visit and teach at Loyola under this initiative,and likewise, the faculty of Loyola Institute of Business Administration gets a chance to visit foreign institutions and teach there. This process broadens their horizon and is a rich learning experience.
- Library: The library is another highlight of LIBA.It has more than 35000 books related to business management and administration to choose and read from. The library also has 21000 ebooks. Apart from these, there are newspapers, thesis, CD, VCD, online and print journals and magazines, project reports and a few Kindle Ebooksreadersto facilitate the students and the faculty.
- Hostel facility: Loyola Institute of Business Administration also provides hostel facility to its students. There are separate hostels for men and women situated within the premises of the institute. Rooms at LIBA hostels are airy and well furnished and have calm and green surroundings for students to relax and concentrate on study. Wired internet connection is provided in the hostel buildings.
Men’s hostel is a multi-story building where one room is allottedto one student. The hostel has an indoor recreation and sports room and a common room located on the ground floor.Hostel accommodation is available at a reasonable price for students who want to stay on campus.
- Conferences and Seminars:Another major highlight of the institute is that students and faculty get to participate and organise many conferences and seminars where they get a chance to interact with students and faculty from other institutions as well as working professionals. This rich experience adds to their knowledge.
- Extra-Curricular activities:There are many Academic Clubs at LIBA which give students a chance to participate in various extracurricular The HR club LIBA Premier clubs, Alumni club, Espire- the entrepreneur club, are few clubs at Loyola Institute of Business Administration.
- Placement cell:The placement cell of LIBA is also very active as many famous companies like to hire students who complete their education from here. Students of Loyola get the opportunity to work with established firms and multinationals at a good salary package.
Loyola Institute of Business Administrationis known for its academic excellence and international exposure. It provides students with an opportunity to learn, gain knowledge and build a career in the field of Business Management.